Thursday, August 2, 2012

There's a mouse in the house!

Haha. . .not my house!  Only mouse you'll find here is Babymouse, the book series.

We were shopping the other day at a large superstore in town when all at once my middle one said "There's a mouse up there!"  I didn't believe her until I saw this little grey blob of fur scurry across the aisle and into the kids' clothing department.  A worker in the store saw it when we did and she went to track it.  We saw it dart under a display but then we lost it.

I refrain from saying which store we were in because it really doesn't matter which store it was.  Anytime you have a large store that sells any kind of food items, well, mice will happen.

For us it turned into a funny little discussion about how maybe we could capture him and take him home as a pet and maybe he would be able to give our youngest chef some cooking instructions--just like Remy, the little mouse in Ratatouille.

Have no fear.  It was only a lighthearted discussion.  We left the little grey mouse behind.  And I have to say that I am so glad that none of the other shoppers seemed to even see the little mouse.  I'm certain that some people would have blasted the store for a mouse being visible.  But truly, it can happen anywhere.  And who's to say that it wasn't a little Remy?

No comments:

Post a Comment