Friday, August 3, 2012

My little family

My little family can be a big noisy group.  There are just five of us.  At any given time, two or three of us could be content just sitting and reading.  But the other two tend to require more activity--especially one of those two.

But the other day we found ourselves with just one child at home.  One was at a friend's house and another was visiting the grandparents.

And my house was so ridiculously quiet, I hardly knew what to do.

Eventually I decided to enjoy the quiet. . a little nap and some time reading.  A little bit of heaven in the middle of a very hot July in the middle of a summer where our family has been together a whole lot.  Often by this point in July we are constantly on edge, a fight just waiting to happen.  So finding several hours of peace and quiet was positively delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment