Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Dentists and Novacaine. . . .Ugh

Lots of people hate going to the dentist. I didn't used to.  I had some dental "issues" as a kid and saw a great pediatric dentist who felt that kids should never feel pain. 

So for me, the dentist for many years was a decent experience with plenty of "moon air" and novacaine.  My conditioned response was to walk into the dentist's office and feel relaxed, practically tingly like I had already had some of that moon air.

Well, I can't say I feel the same way now.  Just a few too many less than stellar experiences.  Yesterday my dentist did the swab thing to start the numbing. . .and then asked me questions as though I really wanted to discuss the economy with him while my mouth went numb.  And honestly, when he went to do the numbing shot, it was like something out of a comedy sketch.  Just unreal.

But for humor's sake, I did have to think of a great sketch from Bill Cosby because it was totally how I felt. 

You should get to enjoy the dentist sketch too.

Bill Cosby--The Dentist




2 comments:




  1. arch dental offers restorative dentistry for child and adult patients. we offer dental services like dental implants, Invisalign, dental crown, emergency dentistry, tooth implants, cosmetic dentistry, and other dental services for your family.
    if you are looking for a dentist near northampton then stop searching and contact us now.

    Dental crown Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you interested in finding a dentist in unionville CT? "When was the last time you had your dental appointment?" "The answer is never. It is important that you find a caring and qualified dentist in unionville CT. Here are some important tips to help you find the best dentist in the area.
    Dentist Unionville CT

    ReplyDelete