Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Back to being me. . .sort of. I think.

Oh holy cow.  The weeks are so busy anymore.  It's really a struggle to keep things going.

Too many activities and not enough time.  NOT that anyone needs to give up an activity.  Do not get me wrong.  But I do need for someone to coordinate some schedules a little better for me. That's a legit request right?

For example, today I am supposed to have 1 child at an appointment at 3:20.  Another child has a commitment at 3:45 (same side of town but not possible to make it to both).  And we have still another commitment for another child at 4 on the opposite side of town.

There will be some wizardry involved but we will make it work.

The highlight of my ultra busy day yesterday was getting the time to sit in the chair with my stylist and get my hair back on track.  It was delightful.  I had at least an hour of peace and quiet while confined to a chair with foils with stinky stuff in them plastered to my head.

And yet in that hour of peace and quiet I had a chance to get back to being me in a way.  Time to just sit and not think about what I was going to have to do next or worry about who needed what kind of homework help or how will I get the laundry done or any of that.  Just time to sit.

And all evening long I had an old George Strait song running through my head. . .might as well share so it can be in your head for the day, right?  George Strait singing Back to Being Me

.



No comments:

Post a Comment