Monday, July 29, 2013

The Cassette Tapes in My Car

Years ago I had a Cougar.  I had a stash of cassettes in my car.  When I switched cars, I pulled my cassettes into my new (er) Cougar.  When I got my van in 2001, I moved that stash of cassettes again.

But my van had a CD player in it too so over the years, CDs became my choice for listening to music.

I don't always have CDs readily available anymore though because my kids listen to their music (from the library) so it's not like it used to be.  We mostly listen to the radio which means my poor children have to listen to me station-surfing every day. 

But I still have a cassette in the tape deck.  So once in a while we listen to that.  The big song today was this one from the Oak Ridge Boys.

I Wish You Could Have Turned My Head (And Left My Heart Alone)

This is not my favorite version of the song but it will do :-)


After we made our way through the initial tape I dug out another tape and asked my daughter to put the first tape in the cassette box. . .except she didn't know how to open it.  Oh my.  I think I aged a bit there!  I have boxes of cassettes in my basement.  I do believe I will need to dig them out for some drives before we head back to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment