Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Lullabies and Country Songs

There are plenty of great songs that could be soothing lullabies.  I used to fall asleep to Travis Tritt's Drift off to Dream


But for one of my little girls, it was the Oak Ridge Boys who provided the best soothing music.  Her absolute go-to calm her down song was this one:


My mother hates country music.  For a while she was our main babysitter for this little girl and, well, my daughter always has known just what she wants and could be inconsolable when she didn't get it, especially as an infant.  I told my mom it's an easy fix.  Just turn on this song.  She couldn't believe it.  My best friend and I even did an experiment in the car once when my little baby girl was crying.  We plopped the CD in and immediately the crying stopped.  Popped the CD out and the crying started.  CD in--no crying.  CD out--crying (screaming).  So we decided it was better to just leave the CD in. . .on repeat, just to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment