Saturday, June 29, 2013

Greenfields--The Brothers Four

For some reason this song reminds me of going to my cousin's house when I was very small.  She has been married 42 years. . .how exactly I remember her wedding is a mystery since I am not yet 44.  But I distinctly remember refusing to go to her husband at the reception.  I usually loved to be around him but something about that black tuxedo just made me uneasy.  I had no problem hanging out with her though in her frothy white dress.

When I was a little girl my parents would play cards with her and her husband.  I always loved when she got snacks out for us because she had these cool bowls labelled "Chips" and "Dip" and "Pretzels"

Funny what makes an impression when you are four.

Anyway, this is the song that reminds me of going over to her house--the Brothers Four singing Greenfields


No comments:

Post a Comment