Thursday, June 27, 2013

Polynesian Chicken

This is a recipe that my aunt created when she spent the day with me after baby #3 arrived. My aunt had six kids and whenever I had a baby, she was ready and willing to help me get through the first few weeks at home.  She knew rest was important and she knew the older kids needed entertainment.

One day I told her I had this idea of a meal for us but I didn't have a real recipe.  So she looked at a few I printed out and looked in the pantry then produced this:

Polynesian Chicken

1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
½ cup flour
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ cup shortening
1 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 can peaches

Combine salt, paprika and flour. Lightly coat chicken

Heat shortening in a large skillet. Saute chicken until golden brown on all sides.

Mix the orange juice, brown sugar, and vinegar in a bowl.

Add to chicken. Cover and simmer 35-40 minutes until chicken is tender.

Add peaches and simmer 5 more minutes. Serve with hot cooked rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment