Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Working Out

So this working out business is, ahem, working out better than I anticipated.

For a good long while the hubby kept saying that we were going to get a family membership to the gym and then we could all workout together.

Whatever.

I poo-pooed the idea.

I am not a gym person.

I have no interest in becoming a gym person.

The much bigger factor in your weigh is how you fuel your body and that's what we need to fix around here.

Blah blah blah.

So back in April he took the plunge.  Spent the money that I felt was surely going to be a waste.

But no.

The girls love going to the gym.  They all spend time on the treadmill, elliptical, recumbent bike, rowing machine and even running the track.  The two younger ones love shooting hoops.

So it has been good for us.  As much as I hate the actual working out. . .sweat and pain are just not my things. . .I do love how I feel after a good workout.

Thusly, family gym visits will continue.  Since school let out we have been going almost daily.  When the school year picks up that won't be likely.  But we have started a really great family habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment