Friday, October 4, 2013

Thank you Pandora

It has been a tough week.  Anyone in my house can tell you I haven't been quite the same since my little one bumped her noggin.  Worry took over.  Even though I know it shouldn't.  It's just so hard to watch a kiddo with so much energy be sidelined in such a way that frightens her so much.

Concussions are scary business.  More than once I had to contact a friend to talk me back from the ledge--to let me know that her symptoms were completely normal.  After all, this concussion thing is new for all of us.  And eventually a friend's older brother who is a doctor just called me to weigh in on what was going on. . .what a huge relief because I didn't really want to bother him.  But I value his thoughts and the time he took to talk with me.

Wen I sat down to work this week I had an extra tough time focusing on my work.  Not enough sleep last week and worry this week just made it rough.

One night I just had to call it quits and go to bed.  But the next night I had to burn the midnight oil for a while.  And Pandora.com was my best friend. When I was younger, Bert Kaempfert, Floyd Cramer and Ray Conniff were staples of music in our house.  So now they are the ones I turn to when I need to zero in on work.  Thanks to Pandora I got to listen to many of my old favorite arrangements by these guys. . .and get some work done.

Totally excellent. (Too bad I can't listen to Pandora at work. . .imagine how productive I could be with my friendly musicians along!)

No comments:

Post a Comment