Monday, October 21, 2013

Hockey. Meh.

So we went to a hockey game.  It was my first ever hockey game.

Great seats. . .nice and high.  If it had been a football game we would have said we were at the 50 yard line.  No idea what you'd call that at a hockey game though. . .Heck, when the kids asked me how many periods do they play in a hockey game I couldn't tell them.  I had no idea.

I have friends and family who love hockey.  However, I don't think it's my cup of tea. 

It could be that I was distracted because my Tigers were playing the Red Sox.  And as much as I appreciated being able to be at the hockey game (my daughter's choir sang the national anthem before the game) I had a hard time focusing.

Our seats were directly across from the skybox seats. . .where I could see tvs were on.  So naturally I found the ones that were watching my game.  When I saw something that looked interesting I'd text for a score update. 

That's how I spent my time.  Watching a tv screen across the arena and texting for a score.

I'm not one of the classiest people you might meet in your life but I found the whole hockey scene a little too crude for my liking.

Saddest part of the night was getting home in time to see my Tigers lose the American League Championship game. 

But on the upside, my daughter was on the giant screen at the game while she sang the national anthem!

No comments:

Post a Comment