Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Nervous!

I thought I knew what I was doing but now I'm really not sure.

I volunteered to help out with orchestra.  I thought I'd be taking a few violinists at a time and working on some skills and technique. 

And when I made my offer, I didn't know that my former teacher's daughter would also be helping. . .every day.

Once upon a time I was pretty good.  (Not to brag. . .just stating a fact.)  I mean, last night I pulled out music that I played as my solo in 6th, 7th and 8th grades.  Oh my heavens.  So many black notes on those pages!

So yeah, I guess I was pretty stinkin' good even though I always claim that I was OK.

And now, some twenty-five years  later I am going to head back into an orchestra with 2 violin geniuses present and offer my services. 

Clearly I am OK with embarrassing myself.

I practiced for something like an hour last night.  My fingers are sore.  My neck is sore--in two places. 

I also need to trim my nails. 

But that one will wait.  I don't want to trim them until I absolutely have to . . .so I'll risk long nails messing me up.

Think of me.  My pride is at stake here.

No comments:

Post a Comment