Friday, August 9, 2013

Last Dance

Last Friday anyway.  Sadness.

It's the end of sleeping late on a weekday. . .and waiting until 9 or 10 to even contemplate what all we'll do for the day.

It's the end of staying up late watching Kim Possible or playing Canasta.

It's been a good summer.

We made it to the beach.  We got the storage shelves built.  The oldest one got her learner's permit.  My car got a lot of new parts (Woo hoo!  Totally digging those new tires along with that purdy water pump)

I made it through a lot of books.  Twenty-three completed as of last night.  Not bad for ten weeks.

Come Monday we'll be back to the grind of life.

But for today--it's a party.  We're swimming (I sure hope the weather cooperates with me on this one!) and enjoying our crazy manicures/pedicures.  We are living it up as the last Friday of vacation.

Just in case today is "just another Friday" for you, I am including a movie to get you through your day (and if it rains, this is what we're watching too!)

Enjoy Support Your Local Sheriff starring James Garner. This is one of those old movies we watch with my parents and kids.  It's a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment