Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Good morning! Today we have a very special guest!

Eleanor.  Eleanor actually arrived on Tuesday (which means that just like the Mickey Mouse Club used to have special guest starts on Tuesday, well, I got my Eleanor on a Tuesday. . .come to think of it, my sister and I were both born on Tuesdays.  As well as two of my children, except they don't really count since I ended up having a great deal of say so about when they arrived.)

I digress.

Welcome dear Eleanor.  It's been a bit of a wait but I have to say, I do believe it was worth it!

Eleanor is my new computer.  She arrived just in time for me to write my 501st blog post.  She's so special. 

Pure excitement! 

I haven't had a new computer in 9.5 years.  Yes, that's how long it has been since I had a computer of "my own" arrive.  My desktop is doing fine by the way but with so many people needing access to a computer these days, it was time for a new member of the family.

Enter Eleanor.  (And give props to my parents for recognizing the need and helping bring Eleanor home.)

To some, Eleanor isn't super fancy.  But she is going to be able to do what I need and she is mine so that's pretty special.

Why Eleanor?    Well, it is a good name. . .solid, strong and elegant.  Eleanor Roosevelt was a strong woman--champion of others and outspoken when she needed to be. 

So Eleanor will help me speak.  And she is beautiful.

Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment