Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Sweater

I have this sweater hanging in my closet.

My best guess is that it is around 35 years old.  It has a 70s vibe to it.

It's not ugly.

It's very warm.

It was my dad's sweater.  I know there is a picture of him wearing it. . .I wish I could find it.  At some point it shrunk and he wasn't able to wear it anymore so it landed in my closet..  Somewhat amazing to think that I have held on to it for at least the last 20-something years.

It looks very much like this one that I found at allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com





I wore it to work the other day.  All day long people kept complimenting the sweater.  I guess I had a strange expression on my face each time because "I love your sweater" was often followed by "I'm serious--I'm not being sarcastic"  (which, by the way, is usually my line).

Now I realize that the photo I shared above has been all over pinterest.  But still, I couldn't help but giggle that a sweater from my dad's closet from some 30 yrs ago would be a compliment magnet for a whole day.

Pretty awesome.  Even if "ugly retro sweaters are really in right now Mom." 

No comments:

Post a Comment