Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Bandaid

There is this Bandaid on the ground outside my work.  I walk past it daily.

And I have walked past it daily since at least October 2012, possibly even September 2012. 

It's been stuck to the concrete that long. . .in a high traffic area.

It has rained.

It has snowed.

It has sleeted.

The sidewalk has been salted after the sleet.

And yet there it is.

Today it was there when I first walked into work and again when I walked out for a midday errand.  It was still there when I got back from my errand.  But I also noticed a new bandaid, smaller than the first, just a couple of feet from the first.

And when I left work today, I pointed out the new one to my girls. 

Then we saw it.

The horror of it all.

The original bandaid had been ripped!  One tape side was still stuck to the ground.  We thought the rest of it was a goner.

But no.  It has been ripped apart and now it is stuck in 2 different places of the sidewalk. 

It's like the bandaid that won't give up.

It is stuck like glue.

Reminds me of the old commercial: 


No comments:

Post a Comment