Thursday, June 28, 2012

Musty odors must be gone!

I know now that I grew up in a borderline OCD household.  Not that it was a bad thing.  I just learned that there is a right way to do things and a way we don't.

Among the things I learned was how to wring out a washcloth or dishcloth and hang it up so that it won't get musty smelling.

Unfortunately, I have now learned that not all households teach such tricks to their members.  You see, I have a host of washcloths and dishclothes that have been left sopping wet (not pointing any fingers here but the guilty parties know who they are) and became icky smelling.

I have an overly sensitive nose too so I simply cannot have that smell in either my dishcloths or washcloths.  I've even discovered wet dish towels in a heap that have started to smell musty.

My solution?  The soak cycle on the washing machine.  I have a good old fashion top loader so I can add baking powder to my wash and let it soak overnight.  Ahhhhhh, delicious fresh linens. 

Baking soda can get a real workout in my house.  Besides using it in my laundry I use it to clean countertops, sinks, bathtubs, showers, and toilets.  Incredibly cheap, safe and no nasty fumes plus it accomplishes the cleaning that I need.

So there you go.  Baking soda.  My little helper around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment