Friday, June 22, 2012

Books Books Books!

Summertime is in full swing and I am all over the map with my reading these days.

I've read some non-fiction. . .about a mother raising two autistic boys.  While it was a quick read, I don't really think it is worth recommending unless of course you are raising an autistic child and you wish to be able to nod along in agreement with what she has to say.  At times she was a little too personal and overshared.  Which is sad because she could have left those parts out and simply had a statement about what her life is really like--something that some people might find unbelievable.

I've picked up a few cookbooks.  My oldest made some amazing cookies using one of those cookbooks.  And I had a thoroughly tasty and unspeakably easy to make salad from another one of those cookbooks.  Plus we made some pretty tasty snacks and supper one day.  Recipes that make the cut will eventually be shared.  Have no fear there.

I've read some Harlan Coben--Shelter--which is his first young adult novel.   He blends in characters from the Myron Bolitar series in telling the story of Mickey Bolitar, Myron's nephew.  This is a series that perhaps boys can enjoy.  There are so many great books for girls but it seems to me that there need to be more books for boys.  The website shows book number two Seconds Away will go on sale September 18.  I am not, however, sharing the website because you really must read these books and form your own images of the characters before you let anyone else tell you what they look like.  Really.  Just go get the book.  You'll love Mickey.  Ema will make you smile.  And you simply cannot help but adore Spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment