Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The power of a Lullabye. . . .

It has been a rough night.  I was in a lousy mood.  And then my girls came in full of stories about their school day.  Not all of the stories were good.  One of my angels had a really rough day.  It hurt.  Watching your babies (no matter how old they are) when they are hurt is just miserable.  I simply cannot understand the meanness that comes from other kids at school. 


Sometimes I just can't solve the problem of someone else trying to steal my kid's "awesome!"  But I can be there to listen and keep reminding her that she is awesome.  We love her.  God loves her.  And one day she will find that people do love and appreciate her "awesome" almost as much as we do.

I put the girls to bed tonight with Billy Joel's "Lullabye."  Tears were flowing.  And then the one who had the terrible horrible no good very bad day finally settled.

xoxoxo for my awesome girls

(To fully understand the "awesome" bit please see  Waking Up Full Of Awesome)

No comments:

Post a Comment