Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back to the 80s!

Sometimes I just don't know why I do what I do.

Like pull out the 80s CD that I found in my sister's car.  And then play it for my kids.  So that we can make "Come on Eileen" part of the morning commute every single morning.

But it's fun.  There is nothing like the 4 of us singing at the top of our lungs with the windows down as we drive down the levee (I must remember the cop  hiding out on the levee this week.. . .it's one thing to be that mama who listens to music far too loud in the morning and something entirely different to get busted for speeding on the levee. . .nevermind that it's really easy to pick up speed on that straightaway).

I think there are something like 20 songs on the CD.  But the kids are aware of just 2--Dexy's Midnight Runners and a little song from Adam Ant.

But we also have Billy Joel on another CD so we can blast "Uptown Girl" whenever we want to mix things up.

Somehow the day just goes better when we've started it off with some great 80s tunes.  Maybe it just makes me feel like a teenager again. . .back when life was simpler.

No comments:

Post a Comment