Thursday, August 11, 2011

Back to the grind

It's been good.  Really it has.  There's just this great energy that comes along with the start of a new school year.  And yet it is exhausting!  Wearing real shoes all day.  Standing in those shoes.  Talking.  Eating on someone else's schedule.  That all takes some getting used to again.

Plus the laundry demands!  I've done laundry every night this week!  When we are home in the summer, what difference does it make if laundry gets done every day?

I do miss having a full mug of coffee then making chai latte for my oldest daughter and myself.  And I do miss being able to stay awake for the news at 10.

But I have also met some really cool people.  And I have had the opportunity to reconnect with some I had lost contact with.  And my own kids are having fun being back in school.  So it's good.  Even if it is exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment