Friday, September 9, 2011

Classic TV

I started writing this thinking that I didn't used to watch that much TV but now I'm thinking that my parents allowed more TV than I realized.

Sunday nights--The Wonderful World of Walt Disney

Monday--Little House on the Prairie

Tuesday??

Wednesday--Emergency!  And for a while it was the night for Little House (I had something on Wednesday nights for a while and kept missing my show but my sister got to watch it.  I remember being really happy with it moved to Mondays because we had CCD on Mondays and my sister couldn't watch it that night either)
 
Thursday nights were something else.  When I was really little we watched The Waltons.  And then when I was in high school we had the Cosby Show.

Surely there was a Friday show but I don't remember one.

Saturday nights were all about Mary Tyler Moore, The Bob Newhart Show and then The Carol Burnett Show.  Goooood stuff.

Fortunately the kids have reruns to watch!  One of mine calls The Cosby Show "that funny man's show."  She thoroughly enjoyed the episode "First Day of School."  That's the one where Cliff gets the job of waking the kids up for the first day of school. . .a task that is considerably more difficult than calling them for the last day of school!

As I write this they are giggling through "Calling Dr. Huxtable," the one where Cliff gets called to deliver a baby but gets to take care of 3 mamas in labor.  And in the meantime Vanessa's friend lights up and smokes in her bedroom. . .then Theo busts her for it.

Somehow TV today comes no where close to what we had when we were kids.

I wish they could watch The Carol Burnett Show.  They would love it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment