Monday, September 12, 2011

Baby Mine

One of my babes cannot sleep tonight.  I've been in her room for about 90 minutes, sitting on the floor grading tests while she tries to settle for the night.  Probably end up telling her to scootch over so I can just sleep in her room too.  After all, sleep is the most important part of the day, right?

Playing her some Alison Krauss right now.  Love love her "Baby Mine"

And yes, I pretend to dislike putting kids to bed every night.  Not fair it should fall on me every night right?   Why should I have to be the one to watch the clock and make sure they get to bed on time?  Besides that, putting kids to bed and staying with them until they are settled means I don't get to watch what I want on TV (OK, there's not much to watch there anyway).

But one day they won't need me for bedtime anymore.  This is our time.  And they are so precious when they are sleeping.  So for now I'm going to embrace the snuggles and sleepy yawns along with the little voices that say "but I want you to stay here Mommy."

No comments:

Post a Comment