Saturday, March 2, 2013

Sayelle Yarn, Blue Light Specials and the Carpenters

Kmart.

Funny what the mind puts together.

I remember many trips to Kmart when I was a little girl. 

"Attention all Kmart shoppers. . . ."

Oh gosh, I just remembered the black myna bird they had in the pet section of the store (and the aromas of the lawn and garden center next door to it).  My sister and I used to get permission to wander over to toys then pets to talk to the bird while my mom shopped.  Now how crazy is that?  Mom must have felt awfully safe in Kmart to let us do that.

Sayelle yarn was a favorite stop in Kmart for me.  All the colors.  All the possibilities.

Probably not surprising at all is the fact that music at Kmart stands out in my memory.   I remember a lot of the Carpenters.

This one was a favorite back in the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment