Tuesday, March 5, 2013

RIP Blow Dryer. AKA how do I get used to a new blow dryer?

Surely I cannot be the only person who whacks herself in the side of the head when using a new blow dryer.

It's insult to injury, yanno?

Devastating enough that I came home the other day to discover that my oldest had borrowed my blow dryer and it "blew up" on her just before the cord melted.

Yes.  Melted.

I don't believe any of my blow dryers have ever done that.  She said that it glowed then the cord just melted apart.

So I had to go searching for a new blow dryer.    Finally found one at a price I thought I could live with.  And it looked to be shaped around the same as my recently deceased blow dryer.  It had the same heat settings and fan speed.

Of course, it's not the same.  Not even close.  It doesn't seem to get as hot (probably good) nor does it dry as fast.

The initial running of the blow dryer went fine.  My hair got dry anyway.  And the diffuser does a nice job on those days when I want my hair to be curly.  So maybe it will work out.

But I still miss my other one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment