Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Second Choice Dream Home

This one didn't make it as the final choice either.  But I came really close to this one. . .simple construction.  A nice box.  Plenty of room.  But it didn't have the charm of the plan we finally settled on.

Look at that.  Nice wide front porch.  Spacious rooms.  So it only had 1 bathroom.  But that was a completely fixable issue.  I wanted to put a big 2-sided fireplace between the kitchen and dining room. . .except in my world it would have been kitchen and family room.  The space labelled for the parlor would have become my dining room.  Or I might even have flipped the rooms completely around--living room become dining room.  Dining room become kitchen.  kitchen become family room. Parlor would have been the formal living room with the piano (no fighting piano practicing and tv noise).

In the end this one didn't cut it for us either.  But I still think it's a pretty stellar plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment