Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Amazing Blueberry Buckle

Last year I went looking for something else to do with blueberries.  I had a vague idea that I’d heard of a blueberry buckle so with the help of Google, this is the one that I found on the Not Quite Sure Blogspot.  Once the girls and I made this one, we didn’t bother to try any of the other recipes I’d found.  The cake is moist and delicate.  It isn’t a time consuming treat either.  It can be mixed up quickly.  Still, when I make it I usually double the recipe so I can have an extra one for the freezer. (8” round aluminum baking pans slide into a Ziploc bag very nicely.)  We also like to make it with diced peaches or strawberries.

Blueberry Buckle (Barely modified from the Not Quite Sure Blogspot)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 egg
2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoons salt
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup milk
2 cups blueberries

Crumb Topping
1/2 cup sugar (can be brown, white or a combination)
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup soft butter

Preheat oven to 375. Spray an 8" round aluminum baking pan with nonstick spray like Pam. Cream sugar, butter, and egg. Mix flour, salt and baking powder. Add to butter mixture alternating with milk and blend thoroughly. Fold in blueberries. Pour into pan.

Mix topping ingredients with your fingers until it is the consistency of small crumbs. Spread topping on batter.

Bake 45-50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment