Thursday, December 6, 2012

Enough with the music! Let's talk chocolate!

After all, today is St. Nick's day and in my world, that's a reason to celebrate with chocolate!

I was wasting time researching a project one day and came across this recipe for truffles.  I think it looks fabulous and cannot wait to try it myself.  I see this becoming teacher gifts this year. . .and since I teach, what better way to gift myself, right?

Recipe below and link to the original recipe is included at the bottom of this post:

4 oz bittersweet baking chocolate, chopped
4 oz semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup half and half
2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur
1/2 cup crushed Chocolate Cheerios cereal, finely chopped toasted pecans or flaked coconut

Step 1:
In 1 quart heavy saucepan, heat both chocolates over low heat, stirring constantly, until mentled and smooth.  Remove from heat; stir in half and half and liqueur.  Refrigerate about 2 hours, stirring once, until thick enough to hold a shape.

Step 2:
Place cereal on sheet of waxed paper.  Drop chocolate mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cereal; roll lightly to coat (truffles do not need to be perfectly round).  Serve immediately or cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.  Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.
    
Dark chocolate truffles

They sound divine don't they?  And so easy to make!  I can't help but giggle over "serve immediately."  As if I will have a choice.  Once my family sees these, they will be in the kitchen asking over and over "Are they ready yet?  What about now--are they ready now?"

I do hope you have a lovely St. Nick's day filled with special treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment